About the job
Salary: Up to £98,309 (£88,879 - £94,319 a year plus £3,990 car benefit)
Hours per week: As required
Contract type: Permanent
With a bold agenda, Luton is bursting with potential. Our “Luton 2020-2040 A place to thrive,” is a town-wide vision built to ensure that everyone in Luton has the opportunity to thrive and no-one has to live in poverty.
As a Council, we want to make sure our residents flourish. Housing is key to achieving this goal and although housing supply remains an ongoing challenge amongst our diverse communities, we are confident we can succeed in our vision.
But to help us we need a highly experienced leader to provide critical strategic direction across the Council’s full range of housing services. With a proven track record of driving change within a housing context, you will address prime challenges across the borough and optimise new housing opportunities in line with our corporate aims. Together, let’s make everyone feel at home in Luton.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Laura Church on 01582 546433.
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our senior management team and would particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates who are currently underrepresented within the council.
Longlisting interview date: 12th March 2021
Final interview date: 23rd March 2021
For more information, please visit: https://jobs.luton.gov.uk/service-director-housing/
- Service Director - Housing - Terms and Conditions
- Service Director - Housing JD/PS
- Luton 2040 Strategic Vision
- Housing Strategy 2019-22
- Council Tenants and Leaseholders Annual Report 19-20
- Luton Rough Sleeping Strategy 2019-22
- Homelessness Prevention Strategy 2016 – 2021
- Luton Values Flyer
- HRA Estimates and Rent Service Charges 2021-22
- LBC Corporate Plan 2021-23