We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £25,801 - £28,785 a year pro rata plus £963 essential car user
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Fixed term for 8 months
Do you have experience of working within Social Care, the ability to communicate effectively and knowledge of Social Care legislation? If yes, then we want to hear from you.
We have a highly rewarding opportunity within the Adult Social Care department where you will be promoting the independence, inclusion and well-being of all adults with social care needs enabling them to have control over their lives by ensuring the right personalised care pathway is provided.
You’ll be responsible for influencing and shaping the local environment, to promote social inclusion and accessibility and ensure that identified needs are understood individually, by locality and fed into strategic commissioning.
You’ll work with a range of professionals including independent care providers and the voluntary sector to ensure a high quality service is provided which comply with Luton Council’s policies and procedures.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have experience of working within a social care environment, the ability to work as part of a team to meet deadlines and a NVQ 3 or above in social care or the equivalent experience, then we look forward to receiving your experience.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars