We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £32,234 - £34,728 a year, plus £963 essential car user and £3000 market supplement
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Are you motivated by enabling others to be independent? Do you have a Social Work qualification and are registered with the HCPC? If yes, we want to hear from you!
We have a highly rewarding opportunity within the Community Learning Disabilities Team where you will be promoting the independence, inclusion and well-being of all adults with a learning disability enabling them to have control over their lives and ensure we comply with the Luton Council and Safeguarding Adults Boards policies and procedures.
The multi disciplinary team consists of Community Learning Disability Nurses, Social Workers, Social Care Assessors and Enablement Coordinators, our range of involvement includes care management, transitions, safeguarding and mental health as well as enabling people to gain independent skills and meaningful employment. We are currently undertaking a number of exciting strengths based approach projects including personal technology, connecting people and asset based community development.
Your post qualifying experience and communication skills will enable you to achieve high standards of professional service while providing professional advise and guidance to all staff and members of the public. You will be responsible for managing a challenging caseload while operating at all times to the Social Worker level of Professional Capabilities Framework.
So, if you are driven by helping others, have a Social Work qualification and knowledge of social work legislation then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- market supplement is included in this role. There is the option of receiving this supplement monthly or annually
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement plus 5 extra days after 5 years service
- phone and laptop
- free car parking space
- access to Costco membership as an employee of a local authority
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants are required to declare all unspent cautions and convictions; and also any adult cautions (simple or conditional), and spent convictions that are not protected as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020).
A person’s criminal record will not in itself prevent a person from being appointed to this post. Applicants will not be refused posts because of offences which are not relevant to, and do not place them at or make them a risk in, the role for which they are applying. However in the event of the employment being taken up, any failure to disclose such offence, as detailed above, will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Authority.