We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £49,722 - £52,574 a year plus £3,203 car benefit
Hours per week: 37
Do you have post qualifying experience of working within a strategic Safeguarding role, a passion for adult safeguarding excellent communication skills and the ability to analyse numerical and written data? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have and exciting and vital role within the Adult Social Care department where you’ll provide strategic leadership and performance management of adult safeguarding and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS), ensuring you advise, support, progress and promote a Multi-Agency approach to adult safeguarding across all agencies as part of the work of the Luton Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB) and its associated work streams.
You’ll be responsible for developing the board, driving up performance, approving DoLS and various tasks and projects, while producing key documentation, analyses, reports, policies, procedures and protocols for the LSAB and represent the Council at Safeguarding Adult Reviews, ensuring effective action plans are developed and monitored on behalf of the LSAB.
So if you have experience of leading and working at a senior level, have excellent communication skills and knowledge of the safeguarding, mental capacity and deprivation of liberty legislation, we look forward to receiving your application.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing