About the job
Salary: £28,785 - £31,371 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have experience of day-to-day supervision of a large number of employees, preferably in a Refuse / Street Cleansing or similar environment and up for a new challenge? If yes, then this is the job for you!
We have an exciting opportunity within our Street Cleansing Team where you’ll supervise the work of employees in planning, prioritising and allocating workload and specific tasks to support. The delivery of a customer-focused service meeting the needs and expectations of site users by the provision of high quality public Green spaces that are clean, safe and accessible and where appropriate accredited to national standards.
You’ll be responsible for investigate service requests and customer complaints for the Street Cleansing Division, monitor progress and ensure a satisfactory conclusion
Using your knowledge and experience you’ll conduct announced and unannounced site visits to supervise and monitor employees and external contractors, ensuring efficient and effective deployment and performance in accordance with the relevant legislation.
This is a public facing role so you will need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate must have the ability to plan and organise workload to meet heavy and sometimes conflicting service demands, targets and deadlines
In addition, you’ll need excellent literacy skills to be able to write straightforward factual reports and numeric skills to be able to interpret data and produce statistics.
Excellent communication skills are necessary, as you’ll deal with a wide range of people including contractors and customers.
It is vital that you have, knowledge of current legislation in relation to Environmental Protection Act 1990, Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 (including COSHH regulations), Road Traffic Act 1968 (as amended) and EU legislation on road transport, Working Time Directive.
You must hold a full current driving licence to transport employees and equipment to various sites and undertake monitoring of contractors and staff in order to be successful in this role.
So, if you have the ability to use own initiative within defined procedures; then we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing