We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £18,319 - £19,446 a year pro rata
Hours per week: various
Contract type: Permanent
2 x 18 hours per week
1 x 20 hours per week
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity within the Adult Services department where you’ll be working to help create and maintain a supportive and safe environment, for adults with disabilities, while ensuring they are supported to achieve maximum independence, freedom and choice, in order to promote their wellbeing and achieve positive outcomes.
You’ll assist individuals to develop independent living skills including using services and facilities within the community.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
So if you have the ability effectively with a range of people, the ability to work on your own initiative and the ability to identify when discrimination is taking place in the workplace and to take appropriate action where necessary, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing