We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £18,319 - £19,446 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have some experience in community work or in social care services in a paid or voluntary capacity? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have six exciting and rewarding opportunities within the Adult Services department where you’ll directly as a team member to help create and maintain a supportive and safe environment, where adults with disabilities are supported to achieve maximum independence, freedom and choice, in order to promote their wellbeing and achieve positive outcomes.
In this vital role, with direction, you will support individuals and groups to access a range of services & activities in the community, using a variety of community bases, which contributes to the development and goals, as specified within their Care & Support Plan.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to care for peoples physical, emotional and social needs in a way that promotes independence, choice and dignity. You must be able to travel around the borough and work flexibly across bases to meet the needs of the service.
You must have the ability and willingness to gain QCF Level 3 Care. So, if you have excellent communication skills and the ability to monitor, review and deliver individualised programmes of care to clients then we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars