Lady Zia Wernher is an outstanding rated community primary special school educating children between the age of 3 and 11 years where standards of education are very high. Our core values are respect, creativity, passion and independence.
We can offer you:-
- The opportunity to develop your career in a successful special school.
- Strong partnership with a knowledgeable and supportive board of governors, all of whom are committed to your on-going professional development.
- A highly-skilled, professional, and motivated staff team.
- Parents and carers who welcome partnership and share our high expectations.
- Collaborative working practice with a wide range of stakeholders.
- An innovative, bespoke curriculum.
If you would like more detailed information or should you wish to discuss these opportunities informally, please contact Hilary Davies, Headteacher, on the number below. Visits to our school are warmly welcomed.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Telephone: 01582 728705
About the job
Hours per week: 37, Full time
If you are about to embark on your teaching career, are thinking of a new experience in a different school or are looking to join a school that offers you great professional development and future leadership opportunities then we may be the school for you!
We are looking to a newly qualified Teacher to join our dedicated team. The school caters for a range of pupils with ASD, PMLD, SLD, ASD and Complex Needs.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 5th January 2020
Interviews will take place on the 8th January 2020
We would like to interview Teachers who have already gained some form of child related experience which may have been gained in a number of ways such as voluntary school work or tutoring etc.
To be considered a real asset to the school, you must demonstrate:
- Experience of special educational needs
- One to one support and group support work
- Genuine passion in education
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Friendly and professional manner
Lady Zia Wernher School, Ashcroft Road, Luton, LU2 9AY
CVs will not be accepted. Lady Zia Wernher School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools.