About the job
Salary: £20,344 - £22,462 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have administrative experience, the ability to deal with complex queries and looking for a change? If yes, we want to hear from you
We have a great opportunity within the Children Services team, where you’ll provide a comprehensive clerical and support service to a team of professional workers in order to facilitate the effective and efficient delivery of service to which the team enthusiastically contributes.
An important part of this role will be processing financial and administrative procedures, minuting meetings and monitoring budgets.
You’ll be required to support Social Workers with Court work, opening/closing cases, allocation of casework, maintaining manual record systems and local filing systems in an accurate, timely and up to date manner.
It is essential that you have excellent communication skills as you will be required to deal with a wide range of people and answer queries.
It is vital that you have some knowledge of Social Care work in relation to children & their families.
You’ll have a RSA II or WP Package Level II or have an equivalent qualification or have completed equivalent experience.
So if you have the experience, the knowledge and the can do attitude, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) (Amendments) Order 1986. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action by the Authority. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing