About the job
Salary: £31,371 - £33,799 a year plus £963 essential car user
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Do you have experience of managing New Build sites and up for a new challenge? If yes, then this is the job for you..
We have an exciting opportunity within our BTS division where you’ll manage the day to day aspects of on site works and ensuring that all materials and human resources are available.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring appointments are met and work is completed with timescales and budgets.
Using your knowledge and experience you’ll conduct inspections in relation to responsive repairs and ensure they are carried out to high standards while focusing on the achievement of specified targets, compliance with regulations and contractual obligations and deliver value for money.
It’s essential that you have experience of building maintenance and working with Schedule of Rates and to specifications including the allocation of labour and materials.
You’ll have the ability to supervise, control and plan to ensure that outputs, standards, targets and deadlines met. In addition, you’ll need to be able to interpret written requests and produce specifications, drawings, estimates, technical reports as well as give advice where necessary in compliance with policy and procedures.
Excellent communication skills are a must, as you’ll deal with a wide range of people including contractors and customers.
A proactive and analytic mind is important, to ensure you are able to identify and analyse problems and use a systematic approach finding and implementing appropriate solutions.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop on your already existing knowledge of the building industry and awareness of commercial aspects and regulatory and legislative requirements including health and safety.
It is vital that you have, a recognised building trade qualification e.g. City/Guilds in a recognised building trade, full apprenticeship in a recognised building trade or equivalent supervisory experience within the Building Trade.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing