We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £19,819 - £21,693 a year pro rata
Hours per week: 37
This post is fixed term until 31st March 2019.
Do you have excellent communication skills with the ability to empathise with vulnerable people? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an opportunity within the Housing department where you’ll provide support and advice to tenants who are having difficulty in sustaining their tenancy, while make regular home visits to check on the tenant’s wellbeing and ensure the appropriate support plan is set up with the tenant where required.
You’ll be responsible for making sure that the support plans and risk assessments are regularly checked and reviewed.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need excellent written and oral communication skills.
So if you have excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team, we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing