We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £28,221 - £30,756 a year pro rata plus £963 essential car user
Hours per week: 37
This post is fixed term until March 2019
Do you have up to date knowledge of the Housing Management legislation and the ability to communicate and work as part of a team? If yes, we want to hear from you.
We have an opportunity with in the Housing department where you’ll lead and manage a team of Tenancy Support Officers to support vulnerable residents in Council tenancies, helping to sustain their tenancies and encourage and facilitate their independence, quality of life, safeguarding and health and well-being.
You’ll provide information and support on a wide range of issues including housing, welfare rights, debt advice, hoarding and life skills while ensuring that tenants are supported and coached to enable them to independently assess and manage their own housing situation
This is a public facing role so you’ll need excellent written and oral communication skills.
So if you have up to date knowledge of Tenancy support and sustainability, the ability to work as part of a team and prioritise your own workload to meet strict deadlines and targets, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- childcare vouchers
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing