About the job
Salary: £20,903 - £23,808 a year, plus £78 washing allowance a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
Our BTS department are looking for someone who can carry out a range of general and specialist support work for BTS Tradesperson’s or any contracted by BTS.
This will include driving, undertaking a range of repairs using general building knowledge and skill related to roofing, painting, plastering, bricklaying, general building jobs, such as removing doors and cupboards, garden fencing, pathway construction, and demolition work as back up assistance to BTS or external contractor technicians.
You will also have the opportunity to drive small and medium size vehicles, handling and transporting building materials plus a varied number of general jobs within BTS remit of local Luton housing services.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
Our ideal candidate will need experience in a range of general building work associated with building maintenance, repair and refurbishment projects. Handling, loading, securing and transporting general building materials.
You’ll need to be able to work with limited supervision and be a great team player. We need someone who is polite, able to work with a wide range of people and can assess and address minor problems arising on site.
You will need knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in relation to building works and manual handling regulations. We do ask that you have completed Secondary Education.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
Join us and help us “realise the remarkable” every day.
Please ensure your supporting statement demonstrates your experience and knowledge in order for your application to be considered.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 10 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing