About the job
Salary: £26,975 - £32,798 a year plus £963 essential car user allowance (subject to criteria)
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity within our Neighbourhood services where you’ll be responsible for effectively implementing and delivering the reactive and planned workload in relation to the Trading Standards function of the Commercial Regulatory Team.
This is an important role where you’ll provide professional support and advice, in line with appropriate competencies, to local stakeholders and other departmental service areas.
We are looking for someone with experience of working in an environment where there is a requirement to give advice or where there is an interface with the public.
You’ll be a strong communicator, both verbally and in written communication as you’ll be advising members of the public, clearly and authoritatively.
You’ll have the ability to undertake analytical investigations, evaluating and interpreting legislation and statutory codes.
We are looking for someone with the ability to work within and meet competing deadlines and targets.
This is an exciting role where you’ll be able to develop your existing knowledge of Trading Standards legislation, topical issues and priorities and strategies to secure compliance.
We do ask that you have 5 GCSE grade ’C’ or above OR equivalent experience.
For L7 grade, we as that you have CSCATS and/ or Units 1& 2 Trading Standards Practitioner Certificate (TSPC) or similar qualification.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars