We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £34,106 - £37,107 a year
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a developing team and if you have the ambition this is the role for you.
We have a vital role within the Supported Living department, which provides a specialised service for adults with a learning and physical disability and is registered with CQC under the domiciliary care standards.
Your expert knowledge in this field is paramount to lead, manage and support your team to ensure a quality service is provided which enhances the lives of the people we support. You’ll manage the deployment of staff across the locations, while ensuring good managerial support for the monitoring of service delivery.
You’ll work closely with other professionals and external agencies.
This is a public facing role so you’ll need to show off your fluency in speaking and writing English.
You’ll be required to have an NVQ Level 4 in Management and Care or the equivalent qualification or experience.
So if you have experience of supervisory management, the ability to write complex reports and action plans, with a knowledge and understanding of the influence of legislation on service delivery including Valuing People and the Care Act, we look forward to receiving your application.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing