About the job
Salary: £29,577 - £32,234 a year, plus £603.93 tool allowance a year plus £78 washing allowance per annum
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
We have an opportunity available within our BTS department where you will be working to complete a range of UVPC and multi-trade work. This will include related site surveys and providing lists of materials to complete contracts.
This role includes carrying out day to day repairs and refurbishments within set timescales and costs.
We are looking for someone who has demonstrable experience of working with schedule of rates and to specifications including working from drawings.
We need someone who has experience of performing work requiring a range of related skills associated with UVPC installation and multi-trade work.
Our ideal candidate will need to be able to plan and prioritise workloads to meet specified outputs and deadlines, able to use their own initiative and be able to assess and address problems arising on site.
In addition, we need a polite and tactful person who can deal with a range of people including clients, tenants, managers and supervisors.
You will have the opportunity to develop on your already existing knowledge of health and safety regulations in relation to building works.
We do ask that you have a relevant advanced trade apprenticeship to Level 3 or a relevant basic trade apprenticeship to Level 2 or equivalent experience.
We also ask you are able to travel to and between sites with related equipment daily and able to climb and carry ladders to perform inspections and gain access to loft spaces and roofs daily.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- - generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days- flexible working arrangements
- - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- - 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- - local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- - excellent support and development
- - relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- - half price season ticket on Thameslink train line - discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars