We move as one team. We’re champions of fresh thinking, and aren’t afraid of a challenge. We listen to our people – a good idea can come from anywhere, or anyone. So here you’ll have a voice: one that changes lives for the better. And together, we’ll realise the remarkable every day.
About the job
Salary: £18,319 – £19,446 a year pro rata, plus £963 essential car user allowance
Hours per week: 22
Contract type: Fixed Term (until 31st August 2020)
Do you have experience, accessing & updating databases and performing other administrative tasks? Are you an effective team player? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
We have an incredible opportunity working with the Virtual School for Looked After Children; providing administrative support for the team who promote educational achievement for Luton’s looked after children.
In this vital post, you will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of the statutory Personal Education Plans (PEP) for looked after children, helping to arrange Virtual School events and organise fortnightly team meetings, preparing reports, agendas, papers and taking minutes.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven record of completing administrative tasks, able to plan and organise workload within changing timescales, recognised administration qualification to NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent qualification / experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Excellent communication skills are vital for this role as you will liaise clearly, accurately and sensitively with a wide range of people at all levels. Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English.
If you think you could become an asset to the team, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please contact Matthew Sims, Head Teacher of the Virtual School, for an informal discussion about this post.on; 01582-548113
Luton Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adults protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- generous holiday entitlement
- local government pension with generous employer contribution
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing